The Recreation Trails Program cycle is open until July 25, 2014. The Letter of Intent is due June 12th, 2014. This program is for motorized and non-motorized trail projects. For more details, visit the RTP website at http://www.oregon.gov/oprd/GRANTS/Pages/trails.aspx.
For those who weren’t aware, the application process for all OPRD grant programs (ATV, RTP, Local Govt. Grant, County Opportunity, Land & Water Conservation Fund, and Heritage) is online at http://oprdgrants.org. Letter of intent and grant applications are only accepted through the online system.
- Cities (municipal corporations)
- Counties (political subdivisions)
- State agencies
- Federal government agencies
- Other government entities
- Tribal governments
RTP funding is primarily for recreational trail projects, rather than utilitarian transportation-based projects. Funding is divided into 30 percent motorized trail use, 30 percent non-motorized trail use and 40 percent diverse trail use. Types of projects include:
- Building new recreation trails, including building trail bridges and installing wayfinding signs.
- Restoring existing trails, including trail bridges and signing.
- Developing and rehabilitating trailhead facilities.
- Acquiring land and permanent easements.
- Water trails